Drywall MF Ceiling Systems
BMD Supply a full range of Drywall Metal MF products for use in constructing metal framed suspended ceilings. Drywall Metal can be a quick and effective solution when building a suspended ceiling. These metal ceilings do require some DIY skills and appropriate tools such as a laser level to ensure the installation is at the same height around the room. Also required tools such as tape measures and marking pencils.
Components required to construct a MF metal suspended ceiling
- MF5 – The secondary section which goes below the MF7 to which plasterboard is then fixed , often called top hat section.
- MF6 – This is the perimeter channel which forms the perimeter of the ceiling and provides support for the MF5 section.
- MF7 – Primary channel which creates the main framework of the ceiling with hangers connected to the soffit.
- 90 degree metal angle – used to make hangers connecting soffit fixings to MF7 primary channel.
- MF brackets – used to connect the steel angle or wire to the soffit.
- Screws- Wafer head drywall screws, sometimes required to join different metals together.
Advantages of MF ceiling systems
- Can be installed in to any size room.
- Ceiling height can be adjusted to suit required height.
- if installing partition walls the heights can be lowered.
- services and inspection areas easy to access.
- ease of creating an insulated ceiling.
- nice clean finish.
- improvement to acoustic and thermal properties of a ceiling.
MF Ceiling System installation process
- Firstly set the level around the room at the height you require the ceiling to be.
- Install the MF6A perimeter channel.
- Install hanging brackets.
- Build framework using MF7 and MF5 channel in appropriate areas.
- Fix plasterboard to MF5 using fine thread drywall screws.
- Finish ceiling with appropriate taping and jointing and finish.
For any information or prices on MF ceiling systems please do not hesitate to call our sales office.
Buy MF Ceiling Systems at the best prices